Monday, January 5, 2015

It Doesn't Matter What Gender You Are, Glitter IS AMAZING!

Short-Stack rocking the glitter.
My Gram is amazing. She knows me very well. And for those who know me, the best go-to gift for the holidays is cosmetics.

I have a closeted cosmetics addiction. I love eye shadow, eyeliner, lipsticks of a million different varieties. But the one thing that I love more than glittery eye shadow that gets all over my shirt, its nail polish.

I’m a nail biter, you wouldn't think that I would have a love for nail polish. Oh, but I do. So for those of you who will most likely not read this – I love nail polish. For the love of glitter, and all that is shiny… I fucking love nail polish.

It was a no-brainer for my 84 year old Grandmother to pick out a pre-packaged “Color Workshop” holiday nail polish set. She knew that I would love it. And oh… I really really do! My face lit right up when I saw the box. I was all of the stoked.

It was a bit of a bummer for me, with all of the fiasco of yesterday… (See also, yesterday’s post)… all I wanted to do was go through my new nail polish set from my Gram. That’s it. But, life happens – and that is okay.

So FINALLY! After all of the 2 weeks of waiting, I finally got to check out my nail polish. The girls were all of the jealous, and I was completely okay with that. They were being butts anyways – not doing their homework, being general grouches. It was frustrating… but there is nothing more satisfying than seeing elementary school girls losing their minds over glitter polish, but can’t partake because they refused to do their homework over an hour previous.

When I came out with the box, Short-Stack followed me to watch the unveiling of new polish. He was almost as excited as I was when I opened the box, to reveal 12 new bottles of polish – some glittery, some solid, some pearlescent.

I also have a big makeup bag that Wifey gave me that holds all of the nail polish I already have. I am going to need a bigger bag soon. I need to take note of this. Anyways; I brought out the entire collection of nail polish. Short-Stack was ecstatic! I have seen him get excited about polish before, but this time took the cake.

I pulled out each little bottle one by one and lined them up like I do. Its sort of like the periodic table of elements for nail polish. Reds go here. Glittery goes here. Short-Stack figured out my system, and started helping out.

I’m just going to say something crazy here, just for a moment. If ANY of my kids end up NOT being a TOTAL AND COMPLETE SLOB, its going to be Short-Stack. Moving on…

So I took an inventory of all of the polish that I had, and Short-Stack picks some polish.

"Dees one," he says.
I looked at him, he smiled back at me, and I asked him, "Do you want me to paint your nails?"
"Yee... dees one... o-paan," he says back to me. So I painted my son's nails, and he was absolutely thrilled.

After we were done, he showed off to Brainy and Artsy. They were all the jealous.

Fuck Counter: 1


No comments:

Post a Comment